The Global Communications Project is an international project run by 13 universities of 13 countries in 5 continents. The participating students will be in their 2nd or 3rd year.
About 7 to 10 international teams are formed. Each team gets the same PR briefing and has to develop a presentation of a PR problem – as in a real pitch – which has to be presented at the end of the project. The virtual teams collaborate using the interactive tools of this website as well as E-Mail, Skype, facebook, twitter and other means of their choice.
The seven tasks of the project are:
- to collaborate in a multicultural team
- to persuade through a presentation
- to overcome cultural barriers
- to act together online in a virtual team
- to work as an agency solving a global PR issue
- to recognize the strength of cultural diversity presentation_collage
- to learn implementing global strategies locally
The Global Communication Institute e.V. (founded in 2008 as a German charity organisation) is the carrier of the GlobCom Project. Its functions are:
- creating the platform of a worldwide intercultural collaboration among students and lecturers in the field of communication and public relations
- executing common university projects including international conferences and scientific publications
- promoting internships of students
- creating and supporting an international network of alumnis / former students
For more information, please contact our press officers.